Travels with Paddles

a sea kayaking journal

Axel Schoevers (Photo: A. de Krook) Name:
Axel Schoevers
Location:
Rijswijk, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Circumnavigating the Channel

Very early tomorrow morning I start on my way to St. Malo in France to the ferry that takes me to Jersey. There I am for a sea kayaking week for the Dutch TKBN club. Instead of returning to the Netherlands via St. Malo, I take the ferry to Weymouth and make a fortnight de-tour via Anglesey and return to the Netherlands via Hull. An interesting 'circumnavigation' of the Channel by car and ferry and with a sea kayak on the roof rack. Oops, I forgot to make a selection of clothes to take with me. What to select for the Channel Islands AND Anglesey? Hmmm, Better take at least one pair of shorts with me. And what about a Jersey?

1 comment:

shinycomet said...

Hi Axel,
Sounds like a great paddle adventure. Look forward to hearing about your experiences. If you are interested, take a look at Sandys Long Australian Paddle - SLAP. Western Australian Sndy Robson is circumnavigating Australia unassisted. A fantastic read. Have a good one ...