Travels with Paddles

a sea kayaking journal

Axel Schoevers (Photo: A. de Krook) Name:
Axel Schoevers
Location:
Rijswijk, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands

Sunday, November 08, 2009

Surfing at Whitesand's

200911081525200034_AS.JPG
We drove down to Pembrokeshire for a weekend of surfing. I brought over my Mega Neutron surf kayak to try out in 'proper surf'. Barry is trying-out his recent acquisition, a wave ski. Justine has a Valley Storm to try. Phil is boarding. So a lot of toys for in the surf. Sunday turned-out to be a gorgeous sunny day at Whitesands Bay. An almost off-shore wind and a nice rip-current along the rocks to paddle out almost effortless. I had some great (very fast!) long rides, some major thrashings and one long swim (after being catapulted out of my kayak...). I am amazed how much can be done with a low brace in these (for me) massive waves. And Phil showed what can be done in my kayak with the right skills...

1 comment:

Anoushka said...

Ha Axel,

waanzinnig daar, Whitesands!!!

Anoushka, Castricum aan Zee (soms ook waanzinnig)