Travels with Paddles

a sea kayaking journal

Axel Schoevers (Photo: A. de Krook) Name:
Axel Schoevers
Location:
Rijswijk, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Blowing Dust Off

When Life gets in the way of kayaking... It has been about two months ago that I have been in a kayak. Saturday's club trip was cancelled, but Fred and I decided to go paddling today. With the wind (and my paddling shape) forecast, Grevelingen lake was a good choice.

This 'lake' has been dammed-off from the sea in the sixties but still is properly (even more) saline and has occasional seal presence. The feeling of paddling against a 5 Beaufort headwind told me that I am not as nearly in shape as I was in September 2014... Great surf rides on the way back to get the hang of surfing waves, for Anglesey is closing in for at the end of this month.


No comments: