Travels with Paddles

a sea kayaking journal

Axel Schoevers (Photo: A. de Krook) Name:
Axel Schoevers
Location:
Rijswijk, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands

Friday, February 26, 2016

Rolling Home


This morning I joined Maddie for a rolling session for Axel (not me) and Edgar from La Paz. Originally it was for only one person and I would just be a 'land-based-observer', but before I knew it I was standing in the water to assist Edgar. The climate is so dry here that my swimming trunks (shorts) were already halfway dry when we returned at HQ. Maddie kindly dropped me off at the airport. Flying over Loreto and along the coast of our route where I now recognize every single headland.


I am typing this at LAX. Alaska Airlines had labeled my checked luggage as 'fragile'. They probably noticed the very well soft-packed Damiana glass bottle.

No comments: