Travels with Paddles

a sea kayaking journal

Axel Schoevers (Photo: A. de Krook) Name:
Axel Schoevers
Location:
Rijswijk, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Magnificent Craft

Today it crossed my mind how magnificent sea kayaks can perform in conditions. With some swell remaining and a bit of wind, Penrhyn Mawr could only be very rough today. A beautiful sunny blue sky day reduces the 'fear factor' a lot. The sea kayak was not the limiting factor. My kayak can handle it, I am trying to more and more.

Justine and I continued to Parliaments' House Cave for lunch. There we met a group of four friends out for a rough days paddle. I think it is time for Justine to bring out a new film. Her "This is the Sea" films had a big influence on how paddlers view tidal races and what is possible with a sea kayak. But now the 'men with beards' are back ;-)

No comments: